Collage magazine
evaluation
Our task was to create a front cover and content page for a
for student magazine using Photoshop and InDesign we also had to include
original photography, text such as teasers and cover lines, a masthead, date,
issue number and so on.
What went well?
During this task I found most of it straight forward the
photography for my magazine cover and editing was easy due to my experience
with Photoshop and I already knew what I wanted. I was able to do what I wanted
and quickly because I already had the image in my head of what I wanted my
magazine front cover and content page to look like. Including cover lines and
teasers was also simple because we were allowed use examples and templates of
the internet.
The contents page ended up looking very good from my point
of view it looked very professional as it didn’t have too much and not too
little. I added a writer’s letter, some effects and its main features which I
believe turned out really well.
I found also found it easy to make sure my magazine was
appealing to my target audience because my target audience was people who are
in my age range which made it much easier for me to write and edit according to
the target audience.
What I need to
improve on
I need to improve on my timing and how I manage my time
because this became an issue when using the computer because I did things at my
own pace which slowed me down with handing in work on time. I also need to
improve on my planning and working to my full capacity and giving everything a
100%.
Choosing my colour was also a bit challenging as I didn’t
really know what would go with what for example my masthead was changed a
number of times simply because I wasn’t satisfied.
Using InDesign was also a challenge due to my lack of
experience InDesign was very different from Photoshop because you couldn’t do
the things you could do on Photoshop on InDesign or not as good which made it
difficult and again slowed me down. Using
the text on InDesign was tricky due to the differences between Photoshop and
InDesign.
Gaining experience with different software would be
something I have to improve on as it decreases my ability to reach my full
potential in doing my best.
Three key points for development
when producing next task
Time management
For the next task I need to figure out when things are due
and long I have to hand them in. I also need to work at a faster pace to make
sure meet the deadline set and to its required quality.
Planning
I need to plan ahead on what I’m going to do and ask for
help when needed .
No comments:
Post a Comment