Looking back at your
preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it
to the full product?
Mastheads
On my student magazine there’s a student mag banner and an
LSC logo this confuses my audience as it seems my magazine has two different
mastheads which makes it unclear. However on my other magazine I’ve worked on
this and have made a clear distinct masthead. On my hip hop magazine I’ve improved the use
of colours which relates to my target audience where as on my student mag I
just colours that went well together and didn’t think about the audience.
Photography
During the course of my prelim
task I used I simple digital camera and took pictures based on the criteria.
But when doing the main task we were allowed to go far and beyond, we were also
given a camera used in the professional industry of photography so I used my
case studies and other magazines as examples to take my pictures for my magazine.
The Main image of my student mag is very low quality and basically has no
purpose, there is no eye contact with the reader and a weak posture within the
modal however with my hip hop magazine there eye contact which establishes a
relationship with the audience, clothing which appeals to the audience, make up
and hair done and lastly the posture of the models is correct.
Colour scheme
Regarding the colour scheme I look at magazines related to
hip hop and all magazines involved colours such as red, black and white which
interoperate that these colours represent hip hop so I used this as template
for my magazine. My student mag was pretty much random colours selected that
worked well together as I stated earlier.
Contents page
These different contents pages obviously shows how my skills
with InDesign have improved a lot as my hip hop magazines contents page is
basically just a very big improvement from my stud mag contents page. My
student mag contents page is simple, basic and easily read my hip hop magazine
also follows this but I’ve added elements related to my target audience and
musical genre. I’ve made certain things like the title ’the contents’ and
headers bigger and bolder simply to make them more visible. I kept the simple
and basic theme but also change the way the use of images our teacher stated we
needed more than one picture on our contents page, so I used three different
pictures one containing a different location and merged them all into one
picture but added a little creativity to it which turned out very well.

No comments:
Post a Comment